The last two months have been consumed with consolidating two households; all this has and is challenging everyday life. What that has done is thrown me into a vortex of conflicts. Those conflicts have been: what to pack, what to save, and what to keep from each of the two locations.
Once those conflicts were resolved, we had to organize everything and figure out where in the heck to put it. On top of all that, there was the challenge to maintain any regularity on my blog. During all that, I came down with a horrible sinus infection due to all the dust and a strained wrist from overwork. To say it hasn’t been easy would be an understatement.
Everyday Life Challenges
Where am I in the process now? We are finally on the last vestiges of the consolidation. I am exhausted and do need a break. Where am I going with all this? I will be going dark for a week. In that time, there will be no story post, no food post, and no wine post.
It will be the first time in 2 ½ years I have missed a self-imposed deadline. So here is what I ask − I will invite you to peruse all my past posts. To help you with that, I will list a few of my personal favorites and some of my most popular posts in each category.
Reader’s Choice: Top Four Per Category: I happen to love these too.
When the dust settles, and I am better rested and more able to devote my energies to my blog, below are a few of the things you have to look forward too.
I am very excited about the food creations and recipes I have been researching and working on.
- Homemade graham crackers
- Easy homemade bread for the everyday cook
- Yummy homemade hummus
- More marshmallow critters – bugs to give you a hint
- How to temper chocolate at home
- Homemade candies as gifts from your kitchen
- Summer and picnic salads
- Pancakes that are easy and no fail
- 3 to 4 recipes from some of my readers and friends.
- Cheese making at home
- Helwig Winery/Zinfandel
- Lange Twins Winery/Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vine Cliff Winery/Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Dancing Fox Winery/Sangiovese
- Peanut Butter Sandwiches and the Bolshoi
- Running for the Milk Crock
- The Pecking Rooster
- How To Draw On My iPad – Part 9 “Dragonfly.”
So until the next time, and when the Challenging Everyday Life issues subside to a normal roar, enjoy my list and leave a comment or two while you’re at it. 🙂
Do you like my lists? What are some of your favorites from my past posts? What are some of the things you do to take a break?
Life’s journey continues…