The survey results were what we’d hope and so much more.
I would like to thank all who took the time to complete the survey. The response to the survey and offered feedback was tremendous. We gained much from your feedback and couldn’t be happier with what we’ve learned from the survey results.
We would first like to start by saying how valuable this survey has been for us. It has helped us determine what our next steps should be, and some changes we need to consider as we move forward with Finding Our Way Now. This survey also has helped us determine our direction with the creation of our new Services website currently under construction.
Some of our readers have asked that we share what we’ve learned. I’m not going the bore you with every detail. What I will give you is an overview of the survey results. So without further adieu…
Here is a breakdown of the survey results/top percentages for questions 1 to 4. (Note: Many respondents checked more than one category):
- Describe your visit frequency. (It would appear that I have a very loyal readership. :-))
- Every post notification – 51%
- Only when an article interests me – 30%
- What is the first thing that draws your attention?
- Banner – 39%
- Blog posts – 25%
- Logo & Images – 15%
- What is the second thing that draws your attention?
- Blog posts – 34%
- Images – 23%
- Logo – 17%
- What would you like to read or see more of and would encourage a person to subscribe?
- Stories – 62%
- Food/recipes – 33%
- Art demonstrations – 30%
- Wine Reviews – 26%
- Podcast – 21%
This is a synopsis of the survey results/response to the last two questions. (Note: As you would expect, some of the comments are not in-concert with each other):
- What changes or tweaks would you suggest that could help improve the website?
- 70% preferred the site the way it is.
- The ones that had a recommendation, suggested:
- The tagline needs to be shortened.
- Shorter the podcasts.
- Move the Subscribe Button to the banner.
- When going to a category, would like to see articles about that category.
- Provide more color in the background.
- What are other thoughts you would like to share that would be helpful?
- Provide more things to buy.
- The blog is too colorful, somewhat steals the focus from the blog posts.
- Improve the side bar, too many things in the sidebar.
- Love the stories and attention to detail, they grab your attentions, keep them coming.
- Love the illustrations, especially the art demos.
- Love the stories; wine reviews and recipes, more would be good.
- Put an extra focus on art lessons might entice new readers.
- Awesome food photos, you should do more.
- More information on pairing the wines with various foods.
- Organize your recipes into categories on the food page if possible.
- The site is well balanced.
In Summary: The bottom line is the stories, recipes and illustrations are the overall reason a reader would return and/or subscribe to the blog. It’s unclear if the podcasts are considered in tandem with the stories or not and if a reader considers them an enhancement to the story posts. Most who responded would prefer that we not tweak the site too much. Some did give us some great insight as to what we might consider doing to improve our site. All in all, the survey was a very worthwhile thing for us to do.
Now, who won the $25 Amazon Gift Certificate? … Congratulations goes to email@example.com.
Life’s blogging journey continues…
While you’re here, if you haven’t already, take a moment to subscribe to our updates using the link button below. We do thank you for stopping by and look forward to you joining in the conversion with Susan.