On the 8th Day From My Kitchen, I give to you, an Easy Dried Fruits Compote Recipe.
This is an amazingly easy and delicious recipe made with dried fruit. I found this Easy Dried Fruits Compote recipe in the How To Cook Everything: The Basics by Mark Bittman. It’s great warmed or cold and served with sweeten crème fraîche. Of course, it makes a very nice hostess gift from our kitchen.
Easy Dried Fruits Compote
- 2 pounds assorted dried fruits: apricots, pears, peaches, prunes, raisins, apples, cherries, etc
- 2 cups orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed, or water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup lemon juice
Mix all ingredients together; add enough water to cover the fruit by an inch or two. Cover and refrigerate, stirring every few hours and serve when the fruit is tender, at least 4 hours. If you’re ready to serve the fruit, then drain, cover, and refrigerate the remainder to use at a later time.
Notes: If the dried fruit is very dry, it may take a bit longer to gain the proper tenderness.
I’ll make this Easy Dried Fruits Compote ahead of time and serve it as a lighter dessert or as a side at breakfast. It really works well at any time of year on any type of holiday. Enjoy.
- 7 Ingredient Marinated Olive Recipe
- 6 Glasses of Homemade Mulled Wine
- 5 Chocolate Mice
- 4 Mini Creme Brûlée Pies
- 3 Day Cure Salmon Recipe
- 2 Jars Of Marinaded Goat Cheese
- And an Apple Pear Pie Tart from me to you.
Time to eat…
PS: If you would like to write a guest post about one of your favorite recipes, we would love to hear from you.
Subscribe via email | Like me on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel