I know, Mother’s Day has come and gone, and you bought her a lovely gift, maybe some flowers, but why not do something a bit extra? Why not serve her breakfast in bed, maybe prepare a fabulous brunch, or better yet something special you’ve prepared just for that special woman in your life? Wouldn’t she love that? I know I would. Now the question is what to make or serve. Well, it just so happens I have some ideas. 🙂
Without further ado, here is a list of things to consider for some Mother’s Day fun. (Note: Each of these ideas or recipes can be found on my blog. 🙂 )
Mothers Day Fun
- A Good Cup of Coffee is always a great start.
- Spinach and Feta Cheese Frittata, my favorite (hint, hint) with a great side of berries.
- Fruit & Nut Scones complement this frittata nicely, or maybe a slice of Coffee Cake.
- We can’t forget to add a bit of sparkle with Champagne or a Mimosa.
- Add a rose, a card, your gift and you have an extra special treat for your Mom.
Maybe she would prefer to sleep in, unencumbered with breakfast. If that’s the case, a Brunch would be a fun thing to do for everyone.
Using all of the above, but let’s add a few things to make it extra special.
- Homemade Crepes with a filling of her choice are a great choice.
- How about some Waffles with a luscious berry syrup.
- A Healthy Berry Smoothie is always a welcome addition to any brunch.
- Why not a Rosemary Garlic Pork Roast.
- This delightful Summer Vegetable Casserole would be good too.
- We can’t forget a side like this Pea and Cheese Salad – yum.
Maybe she isn’t into the brunch thing either, and would just enjoy a day without much muss and fuss. A sweet treat, made by you, would be a great thing to do.
Special Sweet Treats Just For Fun:
- How about some Home Made Candies made by you just for her. I know she would love that. Who wouldn’t?
- Maybe some of these super easy Peanut Butter Cookies would be fun.
- Gosh, how about some Shoestring Potato Candies packaged up and added to your gift and some flowers.
- Staying in bed eating some Almond Clusters and watching movies she hasn’t had time to view would be a fun thing too.
I could go on – you get the idea.
I do hope you find my after Mother’s Day ideas helpful. Whatever you do, I know she’ll love it. Remember, make every day her day. Let her sleep in. Surprise her with something fun. She should stay out of the kitchen, laundry room or whatever she may do and enjoy her day without the worry of taking care of her loved ones just for one day.
Time to eat…
P.S. If you’re looking for a (belated) gift for your Mom, check out some of my suggestions below.