We’ve all heard the phrase “When it rains, it pours.” That has been so true of late, both with my personal and online life. As hard as it is, at times like these, asking for help when scheduling conflicts occur is a good thing. Suffice it to say, I’m buried under many issues, visitors, challenges and adjustments—some of my making, some not. My husband has offered a hand and I’ve finally accepted. Simply put, I can’t do it all.
Asking For Help, When You Need It
What kind of help do I need? I’m looking for contributing writers who feel comfortable writing about wine, food/recipes, and personal stories. I currently have two contributing writers, Jeri Walker-Bickett (bi-monthly) and Scott Huntington (monthly). They’re pretty awesome, and I do so enjoy what they contribute. What I need now are two to three more. This should by no means indicate that I’ll not be writing for my own blog. Additional contributing writers will give me the time and space to continue doing what I love and to do the best job I can.
A contributing writer to Finding Our Way Now LLC should be prepared to write one post a month. The following questions come to mind:
- How long do I need to be a contributing writer? You can be a monthly contributing writer for as long as you are able. My most pressing need is through August. If you wish to continue, that would be awesome.
- What are the posting criteria? The post should be at least 500 words. All posts must be well written with good grammar and proper punctuation. The writer should include at least two applicable images or photos per post. To reinforce the content needs per topic:
- Life Experience Stories: Share a lesson you learned via a true-life story.
- Wine: Showcase a wine or winery and why their story is of interest. This includes general information and winemaker’s notes and anything fun about the wine.
- Easy Recipes: This also includes food-related information. The operative words are homemade, easy, and fun.
- What would I need to do beyond writing a post? The author must be comfortable promoting their post and responding to all comments as is necessary. Note: If you’re not familiar with Disqus, to be more efficient, it would be good to create a Disqus account for commenting. Check out my Disqus Tutorial.
- What else do I need to know? The author needs to provide a headshot, site logo (if you have one), and a short bio that is no longer than 150 words with a link to their website.
- What’s in it for me? Beyond the link back opportunity, I have a very active and well-read website. Your post would offer some great exposure and potential new readers. Last but not least, you would have my undying gratitude and offer, as time permits, to do the same in return at some future date.
If this sounds like fun and of interest to you, please send a Gmail to me at scooper8001(Subject: Contributing Writer Request) with your thoughts, ideas, and questions. I greatly look forward to your response. Note: Although I would love to accept any and all who respond, alas I can only take on a few.
Working to simplify life’s journey…