Let Us Celebrate
My fever is gone; my wrist is healing and just in time for my special guy’s birthday. It’s a biggy so we really want to make it special. What that means is we are pulling out all the stops with food, fun, and decorations. The first order of business is to decide what food to serve and order a great cake from our favorite bakery. So here is the list.
- Crusty Bread With Butter – We always have a good supply of this (recipe coming soon).
- A Nice Cheese Board – Who doesn’t like cheese? I’m just saying…
- Our Favorite Warm Marinated Feta Cheese with Olives – These are to die for and something everyone requests.
- Dry Rub Ribs – It is one my husband’s favorites, so it’s a must have on the menu. What I love about this recipe is, not only its ease, but also you can make it rain or shine not matter what.
- Mac & Cheese In A Jar – This is another all time favorite of his too, therefore, a must to include.
- Sautéed Green Beans – This will add a bit of green to complement the meal.
- Smashed Lemon Potatoes – These are oh-so-good and will add a great deal to the menu and celebration.
- Coleslaw – What can I say, coleslaw with ribs are a match you can’t avoid, especially our recipe which will be coming soon.
- Homemade Ice Cream (recipe coming soon) and All the Fixings – Who doesn’t love homemade ice cream?
- S’mores with Homemade Marshmallows and Graham Crackers (recipe coming soon) – These are ever popular for a very good reason.
- A Wonderful Celebration Cake from Our Favorite Bakery – I could make my own but I will be very short on time and these guys make great cakes.
The next order of business is decorating our patio for the festivities. I love doing this part. Out came our Christmas lights. Yep, you heard me right and why not? I especially love the ones I get for any occasion from ChristmasLightsEtc.com.
I’ll be using the little and big bulbs of white lights to add a nice sparkle to the night. I plan on draping the lights all over the patio structure and sides in a random way. I’ll add some white and blue balloons with streamers to match, and we are good to go. I think it will be really pretty and a great deal of fun. I would love it if you would come and join me in celebrating the completion of our move and my husband’s birthday – both are very worthy. So let us celebrate our new beginning and a very special birthday.
What are some of the things you do when you have something to celebrate?
Time to celebrate, now let’s eat…