I have been asked, by a number of my readers, what are some of the books I would suggest that they include in a permanent library. Below is a partial list.
I plan on updating this list on a regular basis. So check back every so often to see what new books I may have be added.
It was suggested that I post collection of books we’ve found useful or helpful in any or all of the categories (listed below). If you have or find a great book that has become a “go to” resource, please feel free to share it with me at any time … :-).
My Favorite Reads and Drawing Tools
- Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff – Richard Carlson
- The Last Lecture – Randy Pausch
- Tuesday’s With Morrie – Mitch Albom
- Have A Little Faith – Mitch Albom
- How To Say It – Rosalie Maffio
- Who Moved My Cheese – Kenneth Blanchard, Spencer Johnson
- The One Minute Manager – Kenneth Blanchard, Spencer Johnson
- New Manager’s Tool Kit – Don Grimme, Sheryl Grimme
- Gung Ho! – Ken Blanchard, Sheldon Bowles
- Zapp! – William C. Byham PH.D.
- Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff At Work – Richard Carlson PH.D.
- 22 Mistake Managers Make & How To Correct Them – James K. Van Fleet
- 10 Minute Guide To Job Interviews – Dana Morgan
Wine & Other Beverages:
- Cheese and Wine: A Guide to Selecting, Pairing, and Enjoying – Janet Fletcher, Victoria Pearson
- The Little Black Book of Wine – Elizabeth Poyet, Kerren Barbas Steckler
- 60 Minute Expert: Wine– Patricia Avia
- What to Drink with What You Eat – Andrew Dornenburg & Karen Page
- The Wine Bible – Karen MacNeil
- Wine Journal: The Companion for Wine Lovers – Brian St Pierre
- Wine for Dummies – Consumer Dummies
- Fast Food My Way – Jacque Pepin, Ben Fink
- More Fast Food My Way – Jacque Pepin
- How to Cook Everything The Basics: All You Need to Make Great Food – Mark Bittman
- How To Cook Everything – Mark Bittman
- CookWise: The Hows & Whys of Successful Cooking, The Secrets of Cooking Revealed – Shirley O. Corriher
- The Perfect Recipes For Having People Over – Pam Anderson
- Everyday Food: Good Food Fast – Martha Stewart
iPad Drawing Tool Apps: These are only a few I have tried to date
- iDraw – My personal favorite. Hobby Drawer to Advanced. (Free & $8.99 for iPad, $24.99 for iMac) (Review)
- Procreate – Advanced ($4.99)
- TouchDraw – Hobby Drawer to Advanced ($8.99)
- DoInk – Easy ($4.99)
- ColorBox HD – Beginner (Free & 1.99 versions)
- Draw Free for iPad – Hobby Drawer to Advanced (Free)
- My Coloring Book Free – Beginner (Free)
So, there you have it, the short list of my suggested reads and tools. Don’t forget to check back from time to time to see what is new on my list.